GETTING BACK ON SCHEDULE
This is the time to really keep your child on a schedule!
- If they haven't started going to bed earlier and getting up earlier than summer time, it is now time to make that happen.
- Keep them on a consistent schedule all through the year to avoid problems and to keep them healthier.
- Think about the breakfast that will keep your child going all morning. What will work best to support them? Or plan on them having breakfast at school if they need to access our services.
- Plan to talk with your child every day about school (see my former post a few articles below this one: “We ask our kids the same three questions…”
- Consider how your child will need to decompress after school.
- will they need exercise?
- will they need quiet play time?
- Last, please think about screen time. Your child will get some screen time at school as part of their learning. During the school week, would it be possible to have NO screen time at home? Or would you consider only a small amount before dinner? (and the more you leave your screen off and connect with your child, the more they will connect with you, talk with you, trust you, and more!)